- Students enrolled for full-time studies at the European Theological Seminary are expected to accept no employment or regular ministerial engagements beyond their studies, assigned field ministries, and assigned house duties.
- Application for exceptions to this rule must be made in writing to the Academic Dean during the first week of each semester.
- The following reasons may be used for seeking such exceptional permission:
a. If the student receives no or insufficient government aid and has no other regular source of income to cover school fees.
b. If there exists some other unusual financial hardship.
- Permitted extracurricular work or ministry may not require more than ten hours per week and not more than two evenings and/or afternoons on school days (Monday through Friday) per week.
- The permission for extracurricular work and ministry may even be reduced lower by the school when the student‘s academic record or personal situation makes it necessary.
- Non-German students while in Germany are permitted to work up to two months per year outside of school to earn money. However, a work permit from the government is required before beginning such employment.