Lee University was founded in 1918 as a Bible Training College for the Church of God and is now a private, comprehensive university located in Cleveland, TN, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Over the past two decades, Lee has become one of the largest Christ-centered private institutions in Tennessee. During that period, the university has undergone a remarkable transformation that has included significant growth in academic programs, student enrollment, faculty expertise, and diversity, as well as an expanded sense of mission and vision.
The European Theological Seminary, (formerly known as the European Bible Seminary), began training students from Germany and other German-speaking countries in 1958. Since 1964 the seminary has trained students from Europe, and other parts of the world. From 1973 - 2002 the school was located in Rudersberg, near Schorndorf, but in the summer of 2002 moved to a new location in Kniebis, near Freudenstadt in the Black Forest.