The Director of Graduate Studies shall be accountable and report directly to the President of the European Theological Seminary. The Director shall have full faculty status at ETS and serve on the Administrative Committee that shall oversee the graduate program, its policies and procedures, and its coordination with the undergraduate program at ETS and the graduate program of Lee University, Cleveland, TN: (USA). The Administrative Committee shall also serve as the on-site Admissions, Retention, and Scholarship Committee for graduate studies.
The primary responsibility of the director shall be to provide on-site administration of recruitment, advertisement, admissions, records, scholarships, advising, faculty coordination, orientation, scheduling, and office management for graduate studies. The Director shall maintain contact with the Academic Dean and graduate program directors at Lee University in Cleveland regarding the status of the graduate courses and compliance with the requirements and management of the program in Cleveland.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Shall send, receive, and process applications for graduate studies
- Shall assume responsibility for the translation of materials and courses (e.g. manuals, handbooks, applications, lectures, exams, papers, etc.)
- Shall oversee arrangements with graduate, theological institutions near course sites (or where students are doing distance learning) for access to library resources
- Shall ensure the coordination of record keeping between ETS and Lee University.
- Shall coordinate travel, housing, and honorariums for visiting professors
- Shall oversee the quality and distribution of course syllabi, course outlines (distributed in advance), the ordering of texts, and the determination of whether courses have an adequate number of registrants or need to be canceled.